A friend of mine asked me a great question three days ago. "Amanda, I've read your book and listened to your audiobook twice. Why would I need to take your course? What's the difference?". Before my friend asked, it never occurred to me.
Since I've created both, I know the Say the Wrong Thing course includes lots of new juicy materials and exercises that will actually help you do what I've done. Check out the top 5 reasons you should take a class with me ESPECIALLY if you've read and appreciated my book Say the Wrong Thing: Stories and Strategies for Racial Justice and Authentic Community.
1. The book shares my story of triumphs and failures.
This course is focused on YOU and supports you trying out the strategies and having a community of accountability and support as you PRACTICE the strategies of the heart.
2. The book doesn't actually guide you through how to apply the strategies.
In contrast, the class offers STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS and I elaborate on what each strategy means. I imply via the quotes in the book, but in the class we go into more explicit and greater detail and each week there's home practice actions that will get you ACTIVATED.
3. The class places you in contact with other people (white identified folks and people of color) whom you can relate to outside of class and together impact community and the country.
4. You will continually and intentionally expand your understanding of white privilege, white fragility, difficulties in coalition building, institutionalized white supremacy culture; and how non-profits end up replicating systems of domination they say they want to undo.
You will get a resource list of articles, videos and books to keep expanding your learning during the class and after the class.
5. Participants in the class get ME, coaching and mentoring you on your particular questions and dilemmas.
There's nothing like a real live person listening and focusing on you.
I'm really glad that so many people have bought and read or listened to my book. If you are ready to take the next step and go beyond understanding me to understanding and stretching yourself, PLEASE JOIN ME!
Peace and Love,